In The Fire: Live At The Roxy Deluxe Edition LP
Each month, fans help choose which out-of-print, new-to-vinyl or previously unreleased records Run Out Groove will put into production. The results are in, and Warren Zevon's 1980 live album Stand In The Fire: Recorded Live At The Roxy is getting the deluxe vinyl treatment.
Pre-order opens: August 27, 2020
Pre-order closes: October 8, 2020
Street date (tentative): February 12, 2021
About The Release
- First reissue on vinyl in the US since the 1980s.
- Deluxe edition is expanded to a 2LP set that includes 10 bonus tracks: 4 songs previously unavailable on vinyl and 6 songs previously unreleased on any format.
- Lacquers cut at Sam Phillips Studio, pressed on 180g black vinyl, comes in a deluxe tip-on style gatefold jacket and features previously unseen photos and an insert.
- Limited and individually numbered based on pre-orders. One time pressing!
1. Stand In The Fire 3:26
2. Jeannie Needs A Shooter 4:00
3. Excitable Boy 3:52
4. Mohammed’s Radio 4:45
5. Werewolves Of London 4:48
1. Lawyers, Guns and Money 3:49
2. The Sin 3:18
3. Poor Poor Pitiful Me 4:08
4. I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead 4:28
5. Bo Diddley’s A Gunslinger/Bo Diddley 4:15
1. Johnny Strikes Up The Band 3:22 *previously unavailable on vinyl
2. Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner 4:29 *previously unreleased
3. Play It All Night Long 3:53 *previously unavailable on vinyl
4. Night Time In The Switching Yard 4:31 *previously unreleased
5. Gorilla You’re A Desperado 2:44 *previously unreleased
1. Bad Luck Streak In Dancing School 3:44 *previously unreleased
2. The Sin (alternate slightly longer version) 4:09 *previously unreleased
3. Frank and Jesse James 4:14 *previously unavailable on vinyl
4. Hasten Down The Wind 3:02 *previously unavailable on vinyl
5. A Certain Girl 5:35 *previously unreleased
Zevon Featured In Mojo Magazine 322
The recording of Warren Zevon's final album, The Wind, is the focus of Mojo's September 2020 Time Machine section. Memories of Zevon's Grammy Award winning album, recorded during his final year, are recalled by quotes from co-producer Jorge Calderón and son Jordan. Included are pictures of Zevon's final performance on The Late Show with David Letterman, private images with his daughter, Ariel and recording the album with friends.
Elsewhere in the issue, a never-before published interview with David Bowie, plus stories and song with unusual perspectives on rock's changeling. Also in this issue: the crazy tale of The Clash’s Sandinista!; PJ Harvey’s irresistible rise; Joni Mitchell on the enigmatic David Blue; X revisit the grime and the glory of LA’s punk heyday; legendary label boss/A&R Clive Davis on Janis, Bruce, Aretha, Patti and more.
Mojo Magazine is available at your local book retailer and on Amazon here.
Zevon's Greatest Hits (According To Judd Apatow)
Kill Ya 20th Anniversary Vinyl
Following a decade of stagnation and waning interest, legendary singer-songwriter Warren Zevon, who masked his soft-side with his sarcastic, lyrical prose, entered the new millennium with his acclaimed 10th studio album Life'll Kill Ya. Though the album predated Zevon's fatal cancer diagnosis by two years, its title track, as well as standout cuts like My Shit's Fucked Up and Don't Let Us Get Sick, brought the album critical praise as a "mournful lament on the aging process and the inevitable decay that accompanies it."
Available June 20, 2020 for the first time on vinyl, and limited to 1000 copies, Ship To Shore PhonoCo's 20th anniversary reissue of Life'll Kill Ya features brand-new, expanded liner notes and never-before-seen photos from Zevon's son, Jordan, Taylor Goldsmith (Dawes), as well as collaborator Jorge Calderón.
1. I Was in the House When the House Burned Down
2. Life'll Kill Ya
3. For My Next Trick I'll Need a Volunteer
4. Porcelain Monkey
5. I'll Slow You Down
1. Dirty Little Religion
2. Back in the High Life Again
3. My Shit's Fucked Up
4. Fistful of Rain
5. Ourselves to Know
6. Don't Let Us Get Sick
releases Excitable Boy On Glow-In-The-Dark Vinyl